Jan 16th, 2018 - Aladin beta 10.063 version
- Extension of the HiPS planeto collection (either based on previous FITS conversions (Chiara Marmo/Université-Paris-Sud work) or directly from JPEG CAR maps) => 17 HiPS maps and panorama
- This collection is now publicly available in Aladin Desktop beta ("Planet" branch in the data collection tree - see below)
- The Aladin Lite support of HiPS planeto (Thomas Boch's development)
These tools recognize the hips_frame keyword of the HiPS properties file. We have extended the supported vocabulary (equatorial, galactic, ecliptic => solar, mercury, venus, earth, moon, mars, jupiter, saturn, ...). If the value is not the 3 celestial coordinate frames, by default, the longitude is inverted for the display. Also, by default Aladin Desktop chooses a spherical projection (SIN) like Aladin Lite.
These developments are still in test phase
Fig.1 : Aladin desktop
Fig.2 : Aladin Lite
Feb 2nd, 2018 - Aladin beta 10.075 version
• Now 45 HiPS available from Aladin. Generation process has been improved. Best resolution is ~ 100 m/px, ie healpix scale 7 - http://aladin.u-strasbg.fr/hips/list#hipsplanet
• A copy exists on CADC servers.
• Aladin Lite has been modified to handle these planetary HiPS (correct orientation): http://aladin.u-strasbg.fr/AladinLite/doc/API/examples/mars-visualisation/
Fig. 3: Moon/Clementine & Moon/Kaguya HiPS with a crater catalogue.
• Added HiPS from LROC / WAC Moon map (highest available resolution), with support for STG (Polarstereographic) projections
Fig. 3b: Moon LROC-WAC and derived map.
Fev 12th, 2018 - Aladin beta 10.076 version
- Use case is to mosaic all images from a dedicated EPN-TAP server (here HRSC at Frei Univ, Berlin, in dev)
- This service distributes data as WMS requests on a GIS interface, and also includes png thumbnails and footprints both as bounding boxes and s_region parameter.
- Somehow we can plot the thumbnails inside the s_region FoV, not sure how we do that (Fig 4)
- Of course this should be based on the images themselves, not the thumbnails
Fig. 4: Mars images from HSRC/ Mars-Express
Fev 26th, 2018 - Aladin beta 10.076 version
- GeoTIFF CRISM cube downloaded via the VO-QGIS plugin (with georeferentiation inside)
- Converted to fits using gdal2fits.py routine (Chiara):
python gdal2fits.py 22-000043.tif 22-000043.fits -target MARS
(need to add target name, absent from GeoTIFF file)
Opens seamlessly as a cube in Aladin. All functions available, including extraction of spectra (requires extra memory)