- Baptiste Cecconi (Obs Paris)
- Tarek Al-Ubaidi (IWF, Graz)
- Manuel Scherf (IWF, Graz)
- Benoit Carry (Obs Paris/Obs Nice)
There are several objectives to this action:
- Create a name resolver for observation facilities (ground based observatories and space missions)
The Name Resolver is planned to be very similar to the SSODNet name resolver used for planetary bodies (see VESPA query portal for an example, and SSODnet API documentation). We will reuse the developments made in that frame at IMCCE.
- Promote a standard nomenclature for Observation Facilities
- There are several lists of observation facilities and a need to be able to search for observation facilities, whatever alias is used. This means: being able to link those lists.
- Help observation planning with provision of sky horizon elevations at each Observatory
- Related to that: find a way to generate automatically horizon from google API, or GIS ? Then users can edit it for fine tuning buildings etc. Maybe use something like the footprint editor?http://aladin.u-strasbg.fr/footprint_editor/
- Set up a database for amateur astronomer observatories
- Extend the EPN-TAP core data model in order to be able to include observatories and share the 'list of observatories' (Matrix, http://iwf.oeaw.ac.at/matrix/) database via EPN-TAP. The basis for the data model additions will be provided by VOFacility and VOResource definitions.