- IMPEx (Integrated Medium for Planetary Exploration) http://impex-fp7.oeaw.ac.at/
- Plasma and magnetic environment for planets
- Selection, download, visualization and analysis
- Compare simulation with observation (in reverse way)
- AMDA, 3Dview, CLWeb, IMPEx Portal
- as generic as possible
- web based
- Data Model for IMPEx
- data model for plasma simulations
- based on SPASE (data model for observational plasma data)
- IMPEx-DM is based on SPASE 2.2.2. And IMPEx-DM is now included as an extension of SPASE on SPASE web site. Current versions: SPASE-2.2.9 and IMPEx-1.3.
- Main component:
- SimulationModel: code description [Instrument]
- SimulationRun: parameters of a SimulationModel run [observation mode]
- NumericalOutput: 1 per type of SimulationRun output product
- Granule: 1 per output element (file, URL…) within a NumericalOutput
- IMPEx Configuration
- IMPEx configuration: XML with provider descriptors.
- tree.xml (for data product); methods.xml (for webservices)
- IMPEx Protocol
- 28 methods. Core = 3 methods (implemented in 3Dview):
- Uses SAMP
- IMPEx technical information: http://impex-fp7.oeaw.ac.at/documentation.html
- IMPEx Portal web ste: http://impex-portal.oeaw.ac.at/#/portal
- IMPEx API view: http://impex-portal.oeaw.ac.at/api-view
- Latest released SPASE/IMPEx schema: http://www.spase-group.org/data/schema/spase-sim-1_0_0.xsd
- Developed in Belgium a long time ago for MHD
- adapted for Mercury case
- Preparation for BepiColombo/MMO
- theoretical studies for propagation of waves around mercury
- adapted for fast rotators
- no codes really available for this, for instance in the case of Uranus
- 3D spherical grid, adaptive meshing (could be automatic where steep gradient)
- First draft example tree for MPI-AMRVAC: tree_LESIA_Filippo.xml
- Magnetodisc model, with solar wind input.
- prototyping in 3Dview:
- Initial file are in netCDF display into 3Dview (small routine inside 3Dview written by Laurent Beigbeder)
- In 3Dview IMPEx/2Dcuts are expected to be provided in VOTable
- IMPEx tree : http://astroweb.projects.phys.ucl.ac.uk/models/mdisc/impex/mdisc.xml
- First test to display MDISC data into 3Dview from IMPEx tree was successful.
- local IMPEx configuration in 3Dview:
- Selection of IMPEx product in 3Dview:
- Displaying selected product in scene:
- Update on DaCHS server at UCL:
|VOISE@UCL||Patrick Guio, Cyril Chauvin, Renaud Savalle|
- SAMP input:
- Some time was dedicated to try to setup a SAMP input connection for VOISE.
- Installation of SAMP library is done. Retrieval of input URL through SAMP is working. Help from Renaud Savalle and Cyril Chauvin was greatly appreciated.
- Issues with the Django / Apache server on UCL side prevented finalizing this task. This should not be too difficult, but that will be a follow up activity.
- Currently the VOISE results are sent by email. Usually very big files (>10MB, and even several 100MB...), so the emails are not sent to the requester.
- We could try to plan to modify this result distribution scheme to provide a link to data to be downloaded within a predefined period of time. This requires updating the Django code. We have to decide if it's worth investing into this (mostly time from PADC to help Patrick Guio).
|LESIA-Mag@PADC||Baptiste Cecconi, Renaud Savalle|
|Other||Vincent Génot, Pierre Le Sidaner, Baptiste Cecconi|
- How to transform text ASCII tabular data into VOTable.
- There is a webservice at CDPP, but is making a lot of assumptions on the table content:
- There is a script by Pierre Le Sidaner used and adapted in several services:
- There is an old REST service developed by Baptiste Cecconi (not working anymore, but could be revived) as a collaboration with the HDMC (Heliophysics Data Model Consortium), linked with SPASE.
- Organize a next workshop (2 days) in late May or early June, in Paris: include UCL, CDPP, PADC and LESIA.
- During that workshop, propose a seminar to PADC and/or LESIA-modelling-and-simulation-group
- Invite Sébastien Hess to the next workshop
- Pierre Le Sidaner to finalize ASCII→VOTable script.
- Need GROUP and FIELDref for definition of Reference Frame in use in VOTable
- Pierre Le Sidaner, Cyril Chauvin: see if LatHyS tree.xml explorer can be reused and proposed on a standalone server for testing and visualizing IMPEx XML trees.