From previous ObsParis / CDS meeting
Using Aladin prototype v10 (6/6/2017) on MacOS
Mars HiPS generation
• In Aladin, load file Mars_MGS_colorhillshade_mola_1024.jpg
(MOLA integrated relief map)
• Go to Image > astrometric calibration:
Coord = 0.,0.
pos x/y = 512, 256 (lon = 0°, lat = 0° at image center)
size = 21.1' (= 360. / 1024)
Symetry: No => this is mandatory to get the image in the correct orientation.
But this currently provides a W longitude frame (entering Yes results in a reverse image (seen from the inside), not in a reverse frame).
Edit > properties: ascending longitudes - does not change anything here
• Convert to HiPS :
Tool > Convert current image to a HiPS
• The hpx image should be saved on disk automatically
MOC use case
- Load Mars MOLA hpx in Aladin
- Select two large craters in Mars Craters service from VESPA client
- send as s_region from VESPA client (in Aladin)
- select them in Aladin with pointer
- Generate common MOC for these 2 craters (Coverage > Generate MOC > from objects)
• Then: test intersections with something else.
How do we do that?