EuroPlaNet-Table Access Protocol
Stéphane Erard (LESIA / OV-Paris), Pierre Le Sidaner (DIO / OV-Paris), Baptiste Cecconi
- Pierre Le Sidaner, Stéphane Erard, Jérôme Berthier, Florence Henry, Marco Molinaro, Marco Giardino, Natacha Bourrel, Nicolas André, Michel Gangloff, Christian Jacquey, Markus Demleitner (or keep him for v2?)
The goal of this document is to describe a protocol to access and retrieve Planetary Science data in general. This protocol will allow the user to select a subset of data from an archive in a standard way. This document describes the requirements to allow data providers to implement an EPN-TAP compliant service, based on the IVOA Table Access Protocol (TAP) specifications [RD6] and the EuroPlaNet Data Model [RD5].
Status of this document
This document is a development on the previous version 0.29 which was approved by the IDIS partners in June 2012. This is the last version 1 of the EPN-TAP protocol, as described in [RD25]. The protocol later evolved toward version 2, which solves several residual inconsistencies.
This work has been conducted in the frame of Europlanet-RI JRA4 work package.
The EuroPlaNet-RI project is funded by the European Commission under the 7th Framework Program, grant #228319 "Capacities Specific Programme".
Table of Contents
- Document change record
- Reference documents
- Acronym list
- 1 - Introduction
- 2 - Main concepts of EPN-TAP
- 3 - Requirements for compliance
- 4 - EPN-TAP queries
- 5 - Service response
- Appendix A_ Unit conversions
- Appendix B_ Use cases
- Appendix C_ epn_core parameter summary
- Appendix D_ Parameter description
- Appendix E_ Reserved keywords
- Appendix F_ MIME-types