From presentation at ASOV in March 2020 (French context)
- Need to serve two communities: VO-related one (astronomers, physicists, including management of space experiments) and GIS one (geologists, geomorphologists…)
- Need to make all results available in handy form to all researchers
- Need to support in situ data (rovers, landers) - close to Field analogues support in EPN2024
Actions on services
- Complete data description of resolved (orbital) EPN-TAP services: s_region should be there for 2D data, 3 illumination angles
- Complete data description of disk (telescopic) EPN-TAP services: region observed / illuminated (C1/C2 + s_region), i/e angle ranges
Actions on tools
- Strong need to identify Coordinate Systems (body fixed) and related IDs (CRS)
- Extend both geojson and STC-S to support planetary surfaces; work on conversions between the two; implement in portal?
- Assessment of space MOC and space-time MOC
- Procedure to generate new HiPS from USGS maps (used to be supported by Chiara)?
Check and refine existing VO-GIS bridge
Check fits support in GDAL v 3.0 (reported incomplete, TBC)
Refine access to PDS data (at least images)
- Camera model for spectral cubes to be defined? Restart Chiara's action in EPN2020