- Paris Observatory, Building B, 3rd floor
- Coffee and croissant at 9h30.
Documents and Links
- Local VESPA pages:
- Presentations at IVOA meetings:
- Notes on IWF work
- Merging done by Tarek (scripts) and Manuel (runs and checks)
- JSON formatted output, including all alternateNames as a list (with source, name and id from list)
- Various merging paths:
- direct match (name_listA = id_listB or name_listA = name_listB or id_listA = id_listB)
- fuzzy match (added location match , ...)
- inclusion match (compare partial parts of names)
- Next steps
- send example from IWF to IMCCE
- identify and prioritize new lists to merge
- implement "merge new lists in merged_list"
- how to update information from updated lists
- import into matrix of observatories ?
- how to proceed with webservices ? needed ?
- plan a meeting for final merge step ?
Extra discussion with Mireille Louys
- Slides presented at LISA8 conference (Librarians)
Discussion on granularity / levels of description. Examples:
- SRN (Station de Radioastronomie de Nançay) = Observatory
- NDA (Nançay Decameter Array) = Telescope
=> accurate location (mostly) + pointing
- Routine = Instrument
- Same for SNR-NDA-NewRoutine
- Mission = Cassini
- Spacecraft = Cassini ou Cassini Orbiter => location
- Experience = RPWS (Radio Plasma Wave Science) (<=> Telescope) => pointing
- Instrument = HFR (High Frequency Receiver)
- Mission = Voyager
- Spacecraft = Voyager 2
- Experience = PRA (Planetary Radio Astronomy)
- Instrument = HB (High Band)
- Observatory = LOFAR = ILT (International LOFAR Telescope) => location of interferometer center of phase
- LOFAR station = each node of LOFAR interferometer => location of each node
- Telescope / Instrument = LBA (Low Band Antenna array) or HBA (High Band Antenna array) for each LOFAR Station => coarse beam pointing
- Analog to digital conversion = analog front-end
- Instrument (imager ou spectrum) = software in central computing facility => pointing
- Same issues with CTA, SKA, VLA...
What are the search criteria for resource identification in a discovery search from a scientist ?
- Name of the instrument ? (such as STIS on HST)
- Name of Instrument + InstrumentHost ? (such as VIRTIS/Rosetta or Cassini/Mag) => note the order can change between communities...
Brief exploration of NASA/PDS4 information model
Example of a context product for MAVEN (description of the instrument_host):
NB: PDS4 is an implementation of OAIS standard.
NASA/PDS4 Information model is available here: https://pds.jpl.nasa.gov/pds4/doc/im/current/index_1800.html (version 18.104.22.168)
Internal_reference relations are listed here: https://pds.jpl.nasa.gov/pds4/doc/im/current/index_1800.html#attribute_pds_internal_reference_pds_reference_type