This page provides information on the 20016 VA-t3-workshop. The task3 workshop, dedicated to supporting external teams, is strongly coupled this year with a task2 workshop intended to implement projects from the participants of VESPA. The main focus is on data service installation this year.
The workshop will be at IRAP, 9 avenue du colonel Roche 31028 Toulouse, from Tuesday 5 April (morning) to Friday 8 April (early afternoon).
Local organization by IRAP/CDPP is acknowledged.
- Luis Lara / Grenade on optical cst of gases (atmospheres)
Contact persons in VESPA: Stéphane Erard, Nathanael Jourdane
- Vyacheslav Zakharenko / Institute of Radio Astronomy / Kharkov on Juno ground support (radio, magnetosphere)
Contact persons in VESPA: Baptiste Cecconi, Manuel Scherf
- Angelo Pio Rossi, Mikhail Minin, Bremen: 1 service TBD (or one web service?). DaCHS server installed in advance
- Manuel Scherf & Tarek Al-Ubaidi, Graz: Mag/VEx, IMPEx, Observatory list (the latter less likely)
- David Pisa & Jan Soucek, Prague: Cluster? + tools ?
- Stavro Ivanovski, Rome: Nasa dust catalogue update?
- Toulouse team
- Paris: Stéphane Erard, Baptiste Cecconi, Pierre Le Sidaner, Renaud Savalle, YIN ZI - possible projects include:
- Trompet Loïc, Brussels: VIRA / SOIR (Venus-Express)
- Jon Juaristi-Campillo: PVOL interface implementation.
- Nicholas Achilleos + Patrick Guio, UCL: Magnetodisk models - simulation results distribution (parameters to be specified)
- Alan Macfarlane + Maud Barthelemy for ESA/PSA: try on Navcam / Rosetta
Lunches are provided every day (buffet).
Please fill in info on Studied Service Descriptions
Here after is a short introduction to Toulouse, the capital city of South-Western France : Toulouse
The 'VESPA workshop will take place at the following address :
IRAP - 9 avenue Colonel Roche - 31400 Toulouse, rooms = Salle de conférence and Gervais de Lafond
accessible by car, underground and two-wheeled vehicles :
- by car : east beltway, exit 20
- by underground line B : Station Faculté de Pharmacie or Université Paul Sabatier
- two-wheeled vehicles : VélôToulouse stations are all along the Canal du Midi, at underground exits as well.
Useful informations about these modes of transportation and lodging at the city center are available within the Access Map
Another list of hotels located in Toulouse is available on download : hotels
From Blagnac airport take the Tram (in front of the airport) 1 line and Airport is the terminus. Option 1 ticket or pass of 10
change at Palais de Justice for Metro line B direction Ramonville to Faculté de Pharmacie. Than take bus 78 (same side as the output of the station) IRAP is at LAAS station. It take about 1h.